MIL-STD-461G Test Methods and Compliance – Virtual Webinar Live
$1950 per person
Military and Aerospace Systems must comply with Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) requirements. MIL-STD-461G is applied to Department of Defense (DoD) procurements for equipment and subsystems. MIL-STD-461G test and evaluation methods will be presented, including system requirements, general requirements, test article configurations, and documentation. This course offers critical information for military compliance professionals, testing industry professionals, and developers involved with electronics systems development. Instruction for each of the MIL-STD-461 test and measurement methods along with analysis of the test results will be covered.
This 3-day (approximately 7-hours/day) course provides detailed focus on performing the testing, reducing and understanding the data and managing test problems. It features practical methods to address the complexity of the standard configuration along with concepts to manage
the unusual product types.
This is an iNARTE approved training course and qualifies for CPD credits required for continuing certification. If you are not iNARTE certified – Compliance Direction can provide guidance on obtaining your certification.
Who should attend:
- EMC Test Engineers and Technicians
- Program/project managers responsible for EMC evaluation oversight
- Anyone who interprets EMC data or troubleshoots EMC issues
- Design engineers responsible for EMC
- Basic Concepts of Electromagnetic Effects
- Terms and Definitions
- EMI – The Problem
- Measurement Units (The Decibel)
- Electromagnetic Environment
- Standards: MIL-STD-464C, MIL-STD-461G
- Data Item Descriptions (Control Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports)
- Managing your EMI/EMC test program
- Emissions and Susceptibility, General concepts
- Interface Requirements / Facility requirements
- Configuring the test article
- Test Methods (MIL-STD-461G/F)
- Conducted Emissions
o CE101, CE102, CE106
- Conducted Susceptibility
o CS101, CS103, CS104, CS105, CS109, CS114, CS115, CS116, CS117, CS118
- Radiated Emissions
o RE101, RE102, RE103
- Radiated Susceptibility
o RS101, RS103, RS105
- Summary and Review
Steven G. Ferguson is the owner of Compliance Direction, LLC and has been working in the compliance test arena for over 40 years at test laboratories and manufacturing companies designing products, developing procedures and performing tests. He presents various courses on EMI/EMC compliance including EMC for Nuclear Power Facilities, architectural Shielding and this course on MIL-STD-461 & DO-160 testing at customer facilities on-site for multiple government and industrial clients. He holds an iNARTE EMC engineer certification.