Data Analysis- Introduction
Whether you seek to obtain or sustain a competitive advantage or simply better steward your resources to serve others, a solid foundation of data analysis for business decision making is a critical skill to have. Learn to make sense of data analytics and derive actionable recommendations, including planning for productive use of Data Analysis in your organization. Learn the basics to identify and manage opportunities for Change using data analysis for data based decision making, including Business Transformation. This course introduces you to many and useful common data analysis tools with simple exercises: Excel add-ins, standard deviation, Random Sampling, and introduction to Pivot Tables and Charts will help you effectively demonstrate basic data analysis functions and reporting in Excel or Google Spreadsheets. You will learn how to gather, analyze, and adapt your data to feed your organization decision making.
We leave out or simplify math jargon and complex symbols and equations to concentrate on what your data can tell you and your organization. You will learn how to present to those executives, managers, and subject matter experts who need to quickly make decisions that drive your organization forward. We will discuss how other firms, nonprofits, and government agencies get value from Data Analysis, and the tools they use to gather data. These tools include Project Management, Risk Management, Document Management, Business Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Reporting and more.
What you will learn:
- Learn the terms, jargon, and impact of business intelligence and data analytics.
- Gain knowledge of the scope and application of data analysis.
- Explore ways to measure the performance of and improvement opportunities for business processes.
- Be able to describe the need for tracking and identifying the root causes of deviation or failure.
- Review the basic principles, properties, and application of Probability Theory.
- Discuss data distribution including Central Tendency, Variance, Normal Distribution, and non-normal distributions.
- Learn about Statistical Inference and drawing conclusions about a Data Population.
- Learn about Forecasting, including introduction to simple Linear Regression analysis.
- Learn about Sample Sizes and Confidence Intervals and Limits, and how they influence the accuracy of your analysis.
- Explore different methods and easy algorithms for forecasting future results and to reduce current and future risk.
This course is not on the current schedule of open enrollment courses. If you are interested in attending this or another course as open enrollment, please contact us at (410)956-8805 or at email@example.com and indicate the course name and number of students who wish to participate. ATI typically schedules courses with a lead time of 3-5 months. Group courses can be presented at your facility. For on-site pricing, request an on-site quote. You may also call us at (410)956-8805 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.