ATI's Systems Engineering—Management
Jeffrey O. Gradyhas 30 years of industry experience in aerospace companies as a system engineer, engineering manager, field engineer, and project engineer. Jeff has authored nine published books in the system engineering field and holds a Master of Science in System Management from USC. He teaches system engineering courses nation-wide. Jeff is an INCOSE Founder, Fellow, and INCOSE Expert Systems Engineering Professional (ESEP).
Contact this instructor (please mention course name in the subject line)
Systems Engineering Grand Systems Development Training Program
What You Will Learn:
- How to architect an enterprise.
- How to build an enterprise life cycle model.
- How to link enterprise functionality to the functional department structure
- How to coordinate tailored customer-preferred standards to your common process.
- How to plan a program using WBS/SOW, USAF IMP/IMS, or the grand systems management method.
From this course you will obtain the knowledge and ability to re-engineer an enterprise using the same tools system engineers employ in defining a new system encouraging a seamless program planning process that transforms your common process into an integrated master plan and schedule. We will link all of the elements of a matrix management structure to enterprise and program planning data. Each student will receive a full set of course notes and textbook, System Management, by the instructor Jeff Grady.
- Introduction to System Engineering
- A Generic Life Cycle Development Process A common life-cycle model that catalogs all work you can accomplish will enable tremendous improvement possibilities for our enterprise.
- A Generic Life Cycle Development Process (Continued)
- Organizational Structures Functional department structures for the enterprise resource base and product oriented cross-functional teams for programs and how to make the transform.
- Generic Development Process Workshop/Demo Workshops used when presented at a single client and demonstrations employed for public courses.
- Generic Development Process Workshop/Demo (Continued)
- Standards and Continuous Improvement Your common process will be explained in context with your customers referred standards.
- Practices Development and Documentation Text or database implementation of your common process description.
- Practices Documentation Workshop -
- Practices Documentation Workshop (Continued)
- Program Phasing and Reviews How to partition the whole program development process into time-oriented phases as a risk management enabler.
- Product System Definition The marriage of product definition with program management in the WBS.
- Program Work Definition -
- Program Work Definition (Continued)
- Program Estimating ad Earned Value Systems Linking money and time to your common process in a program environment.
- Program Risk Management Using the risk index to chart program risk over the life cycle enabling comparisons between programs.
- Program Planning Workshop/Demo -
- Program Planning Workshop/Demo (Continued)
- Baselines and Configuration Management Exactly what is a baseline and how are they managed?
- Program Libraries and Data Management
- Technical and Management Tools Base Discussion Is your enterprise on a path to model-driven development and if not how can it get there?
- Deployment Motivation So you think you have a sound system engineering capability! Any problems deploying it to programs?
- System Engineering Process Maturity How can I measure the maturity of my system engineering capability that coordinates with a continuous improvement process?
- Student Team Presentations
This course is not on the current schedule of open enrollment courses. If you are interested in attending this or another course as open enrollment, please contact us at (410) 956-8805 or at email@example.com and indicate the course name and number of students who wish to participate. ATI typically schedules open enrollment courses with a lead time of 3-5 months. Group courses can be presented at your facility at any time. For on-site pricing, request an on-site quote. You may also call us at (410) 956-8805 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATI is a community of instructors and students, academics and defense, with a need to communicate and share information including the latest develops in training, education, technology, regulation, industry and government. You can
communicate with the the ATI community and hear what others have to say be joining our
Applied Technology Institute blog. Once you join you will be able to post and comment immediately.