ATI's Spacecraft Structural Design course
- Introduction to the spacecraft design and analysis process.
The design process, design criteria and requirements.
- Structural Configuration. Packaging, launch vehicle
interface, system interactions, mass properties.
- Launch Vehicle Environments. Launch events, sources of
structural loading, design environments, limit loads, frequency, launch
vehicle summary, design example problem.
- Stress/Strain Analysis. Axial, bending, buckling and
torsional loading, thermal effects, structural attachments, design example
- Materials. Conventional materials, sandwich construction,
composite materials, materials comparison and selection.
- Structural Dynamics. Natural frequency, modes of vibration,
amplification, isolation, damping, design example problem.
- Finite Element Modeling. General approach, coupling
- Structural Testing. Testing rationale and effectiveness,
types of tests, test description, discussion of test configurations.
- Technologies and Trends. Multifunctional structures,
materials, composite structures.
Tuition for this one-day course is $500. Onsite pricing is available. Please call us at 410-956-8805
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.