ATI's Remote Sensing Information Extraction course
- Remote Sensing Introduction. Definitions, resolutions, active-passive.
- Platforms. Airborne, spaceborne, advantages and limitations.
- Energy Flow Profile. Energy sources, atmospheric interactions,
reflectance curves, emittance.
- Aerial Photography. Photogrammetric fundamentals of photo
- Film Types. Panchormatic, normal color, color infrared,
- Scale Determination. Point versus average scale. Methods of
determination of scale.
- Area and Height Measurements. Tools and procedures including
- Feature Extraction. Tone, texture, shadow, size, shape, association.
- Land Use and Land Cover. Examples, classification systems
definitions, minimum mapping units, cartographic generalization.
- Source materials. Image processing software, organizations,
literature, reference materials.
- Spaceborne Remote Sensing. Basic terminology and orbit
characteristics. Distinction between research/experimental, national
technical assets, and operational systems.
- Multispectral Systems. Cameras, scanners linear arrays, spectral
- Moderate Resolution MSS. Landsat, SPOT, IRS, JERS.
- Coarse Resolution MSS. Meteorological Systems, AVHRR,
- High Spatial Resolution. IKONOS, EarthView, Orbview.
- Radar. Basic concepts, RADARSAT, ALMAZ, SIR.
- Hyperspectral. AVIRIS, MODIS, Hyperion.
- GIS-Remote Sensing Integration. Two directional relationships
between remote sensing and GIS. Data structures.
- Geometric Rectification. Procedures to rectify remote sensing
- Digital Image Processing. Preprocessing, image enhancements,
automated digital classification.
- Accuracy Assessments. Contingency matrix, Kappa coefficient,
sample size and selection.
- Multiscale techniques. Ratio estimators, double and nested
sampling, area frame procedures.
This course is not on the current schedule of open enrollment courses. If you are interested in attending this or another course as open enrollment, please contact us at (410) 956-8805 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the course name and number of students who wish to participate. ATI typically schedules open enrollment courses with a lead time of 3-5 months. Group courses can be presented at your facility at any time. For on-site pricing, request an on-site quote. You may also call us at (410) 956-8805 or email us at email@example.com.