Fundamentals and Advances in Acoustic Quieting|
ATI's Mechanics of Underwater Noise course
- Fundamentals. Definitions, units, sources, spectral and
temporal properties, wave equation, radiation and
propagation, reflection, absorption and scattering,
structure-borne noise, interaction of sound and structures.
- Noise Sources in Marine Applications. Rotating and
reciprocating machinery, pumps and fans, gears, piping
- Noise Models for Design and Prediction.
Source-path-receiver models, source characterization,
structural response and vibration transmission.
- Noise Control. Principles of machinery quieting, vibration
isolation, structural damping, structural transmission loss,
acoustic absorption, acoustic mufflers.
- Fluid Mechanics and Flow Induced Noise. Turbulent
boundary layers, wakes, vortex shedding, cavity resonance,
fluid-structure interactions, propeller noise mechanisms,
- Sonar Self Noise and Reduction. On board and towed
arrays, noise models, noise control for habitability, sonar
- Ship/Submarine Scattering. Rigid body and elastic
scattering mechanisms, target strength of structural
components, false targets, methods for echo reduction,
This course is not on the current schedule of open enrollment courses. If you are interested in attending this or another course as open enrollment, please contact us at (410) 956-8805 or at email@example.com and indicate the course name and number of students who wish to participate. ATI typically schedules courses with a lead time of 3-5 months. Group courses can be presented at your facility. For on-site pricing, request an on-site quote. You may also call us at (410) 956-8805 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.