ATI's IFF & SSR Beacon Identification Systems course
- Introduction to Radar Beacon. Identification Systems.
Overview of background and course objectives. History of
radar beacon systems.
- Principles of Operation. Basics of IFF/SSR system. Antenna
characteristics, interrogation and reply signals. Monopulse
principles. Typical equipment specifications and standards.
- Ground Antenna Systems. Horizontal and vertical
characteristics. Backlobes. T/R switch, rotating joint, cable
components. Radar colocation.
- Interrogators. Mode Generator. Transmitters and receivers.
- Sliding Window Plot Extraction. Reply decoder. Defruiting.
- Monopulse Plot Extraction. Reply processing. Surveillance
processing. False target processing. SSR/PSR combination.
- Transponders. Airborne antenna patterns. Specifications and
conformance to specifications.
- Multipath and Interference.
- System Design. Radar range equation. Power budgets. Reply
and detection probabilities. Transmitter PRF. Bearing accuracy.
Antenna height. SSR/PSR Cross coupling.
- Performance Measurement and Monitoring. Measurement and
monitoring of IFF/SSR systems. Model of SSR environment.
- Mode S. Reasons for Development. Interrogation and reply
formats. Parity and address. Interrogation and reply types. Data
Tuition for this three-day course is $1290 per person at one of our scheduled public courses. Onsite pricing is available. Please call us at 410-956-8805 or send an email to email@example.com.