On Monday, September 19th, I attended an INCOSE gathering. It was organized by the Chesapeake Chapter of Women in Systems Engineering (WISE), with a presentation by Courtney Wright, who is an SEP-Acq. Ms. Wright gave an overview of the INCOSE Certification Program, focused primarily on the growth of the program and the benefits of certification. Since I am responsible for marketing and business development efforts in Canada and overseas, there were several interesting data points, which I caught my attention and that I would like to share:
- Applicants have 1 year from the time of their application is received to complete their certification.
- A CSEP is valid for 3 years, while an ASEP is valid for 5 years. An ESEP, which is the highest level of certification is valid indefinitely.
- The top 6 organizations with active SEPs are:
- Lockheed Martin
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Northrop Grumman
- Out of approximately 10,000 INCOSE members, approximately 2,600 (or 26%) are SEPs.
- A steady growth of active SEPs was reported from 2004 to present day.
ATI provides in-classroom, instructor-led CSEP course for those individuals who prefer this format:
One reason why the Applied Technology Institute (ATI) also provides an online instructor-led ASEP and CSEP course that allows those systems engineers, who wish to take and pass the exam, a flexible alternative and the option the study at their own pace.