Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
This two-day course provides an introductory overview of basic statistics and statistical analysis with examples presented in Excel. Participants will be furnished with the textbook Statistical Analysis with Excel for Dummies, by Joseph Schmuller.
- Introduction to Excel Statistical Tools
- Measures of Central Tendency and of Dispersion
- Probability Concepts
- Discrete Random Variables & Monte Carlo Method
- Binomial Distributions (Pass-Fail Statistics)
- Continuous RV’s; Uniform & Triangular Distribution
- Basics of Normal Distribution
- Central Limit Theorem & Student t- Distribution
- Confidence Level and Interval
- Sample Size for Mean Estimation
- Chi-Square Distribution and Goodness-of-Fit
- Functions of Random Variables (Propagation of Errors)
- Uncertainty of Measurements
- robability and System Reliability
- Exponential Distribution and Reliability
- Gamma Distribution and Reliability
- Poisson Distribution and Process
- Weibull Distribution and Time to Failure
- Percentiles and Probability Plots of Data
- Hypotheses Testing and OC Curves
- Topics of interest to the class
Dr. Alan D. Stuartan emeritus professor of acoustics at Penn State, has over forty years’ experience in the field of sound and vibration. For over thirty years, he has taught both academic and onsite technical training courses on the Fundamentals of Acoustics, Structural Acoustics, Noise Control Engineering, Underwater Acoustics and Sonar Engineering, as well as Math Refreshers (including Statistics) at government and industrial organizations throughout the country, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Contact this instructor (please mention course name in the subject line)
REGISTRATION: There is no obligation or payment required to enter the Registration for an actively scheduled course. We understand that you may need approvals but please register as early as possible or contact us so we know of your interest in this course offering.
SCHEDULING: If this course is not on the current schedule of open enrollment courses and you are interested in attending this or another course as an open enrollment, please contact us at (410)956-8805 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the course name, number of students who wish to participate. and a preferred time frame. ATI typically schedules open enrollment courses with a 3-5 month lead-time. To express your interest in an open enrollment course not on our current schedule, please email us at email@example.com.