Dr. Gomez is the presenter of ATI’s Hyperspectral and Multispectral Imaging course scheduled to be presented on March 9-11, 2010 in Beltsville, MD.
This three-day class is designed for engineers, scientists and other remote sensing professionals who wish to become familiar with multispectral and hyperspectral remote sensing technology. Students in this course will learn the basic physics of spectroscopy, the types of spectral sensors currently used by government and industry, and the types of data processing used for various applications. Lectures will beenhanced by computer demonstrations. After taking this course, students should be able to communicate and work productively with other professionals in this field. Each student will receive a complete set of notes and the textbook, Remote Sensing: The Image Chain Approach.
Dr. Richard Gomez is a Research Professor at George Mason University (GMU) and Principal Research Scientist at the Center for Earth Observing and Space Research (CEOSR). At GMU he teaches and is actively involved in the scientific and technology fields of hyperspectral imaging and high resolution remote sensing. He has also served in industry and government (Texas Instruments and USACE). Dr. Gomez is internationally recognized as a leader and expert in the field of spectral remote sensing (multispectral, hyperspectral and ultraspectral) and has published extensively in scientific journals. He has organized and chaired national and international conferences, symposia and workshops. He earned his doctoral degree in physics from New Mexico State University. He also holds an M.S. and a B.S. in physics. Dr. Gomez currently serves as Director for the ASPRS Potomac Region and as Remote Sensing Chair for the IEEE-USA Committee on Transportation and Aerospace Technology Policy.
- Hyperspectral Imaging For Transportation Analysis
- Spectral Library Issues In Hyperspectral Imaging Applications
- Wavelet-based Hperspectral and Multispectral Image Fusion
- Fast Hyperspectral Data Processing Methods
- Suitability Of Spectral Remote Sensing For Coral Reef Surveying
- Hyperspectral Imaging Applied To Medical Diagnoses And Food Safety
- On-board Processing For Spectral Remote Sensing
- Preliminary Investigation Of Submerged Aquatic Vegetation
- Web-based Spectral Visualization And Interpreation