- Introduction. Basic Descriptions, Terminology, and Concepts Related to Signals, Imaging, and Processing for science and engineering. Analog and Digital. Data acquisition concepts. Sampling and Quantization.
- Signal Processing. Basic operations, Frequency-domain filtering, Wavelet filtering, Wavelet Decomposition and Reconstruction, Signal Deconvolution, Joint Time-Frequency Processing, Curve Fitting.
- Signal Analysis. Signal Parameter Extraction, Peak Detection, Signal Statistics, Joint Time Frequency Analysis, Acoustic Emission analysis, Curve Fitting Parameter Extraction.
- Image Processing. Basic and Advanced Methods, Spatial frequency Filtering, Wavelet filtering, lookup tables, Kernel convolution/filtering (e.g. Sobel, Gradient, Median), Directional Filtering, Image Deconvolution, Wavelet Decomposition and Reconstruction, Edge Extraction,Thresholding, Colorization, Morphological Operations, Segmentation, B-scan display, Phased Array Display.
- Image Analysis. Region-of-interest Analysis, Line profiles, Edge Detection, Feature Selection and Measurement, Image Math, Logical Operators, Masks, Particle analysis, Image Series Reduction including Images Averaging, Principal Component Analysis, Derivative Images, Multi-surface Rendering, B-scan Analysis, Phased Array Analysis. Introduction to Classification.
- Integrated Signal and Image Processing and Analysis Software and algorithm strategies. The instructor will draw on his extensive experience to demonstrate how these methods can be combined and utilized in a post-processing software package. Software strategies including code and interface design concepts for versatile signal and image processing and analysis software development will be provided. These strategies are applicable for any language including LabVIEW, MATLAB, and IDL. Practical considerations and approaches will be emphasized.
Tuition for this three-day course is $1740 per person at one of our scheduled public courses. Onsite pricing is available. Please call us at 410-956-8805 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register Now Without Obligation