Wireless Communications Technology: A Combined Physical and Behavioral Approach|
ATI's RF Engineering – Fundamentals (Two Days) course
This two-day course is designed for engineers that are non-specialists in RF engineering, but are involved in the design or analysis of communication systems including digital designers, managers, procurement engineers, etc. The course emphasizes RF fundamentals in terms of physical principles behavioural concepts permitting the student to quickly gain an intuitive understanding of the subject with minimal mathematical complexity. These principles are illustrated using modern examples of wireless components such as Bluetooth, Cell Phone and Paging, and 802.11 Data Communications Systems.
What You Will Learn:
- How to recognize the physical properties that make RF circuits and systems unique
- What the important parameters are that characterize RF circuits
- How to interpret RF Engineering performance data
- What the considerations are in combining RF circuits into systems
- How to evaluate RF Engineering risks such as instabilities, noise, and interference, etc.
- How performance assessments can be enhanced with basic engineering tools such as MatLab
From this course you will obtain the knowledge and ability to understand how RF circuits functions, how multiple circuits interact to determine system performance, to interact effectively with RF engineering specialists and to understand the literature.
Day One: Circuit Considerations
- Physical Properties of RF circuits
- Propagation and effective Dielectric Constants
- Impedance Parameters
- Reflections and Matching
- Circuit matrix parameters (Z,Y, & S parameters)
- Smith Chart data displays
- Performance of example circuits
Day Two: System considerations
- Low Noise designs
- High Power design
- Distortion evaluation
- Spurious Free Dynamic Range
- RF system Examples
Tuition for this two-day course is $1150 per person at one of our scheduled public courses. Onsite pricing is available. Please call us at 410-956-8805 or send an email to email@example.com.