Learn at work or home on your own schedule. Have an expert on tap to answer your questions and consult one-on-one with you about your questions. Continuing education via distance learning is a convenient way to boost your technical skills and gain certification as a trained professional. Minimize time away from work and travel expense, while still getting personal, individual attention. These programs provide
skills and knowledge that are relevant and which maximize employee effectiveness.
Call 410-956-8805 for information or to order. Purchase orders, Visa and Master Card accepted. Jim Jenkins, our technical director, can answer questions and explains the benefits of this program. Additional subjects and programs are planned, so call with your wish list of courses.
ATI's Vibration and Shock Measurement Technology
—Distance Learning course
Learn with famed vibration educator Wayne Tustin in a program leading to certification as a Vibration and Shock Technologist. The Applied Technology Institute (ATI) is pleased to announce a self-paced, minimal mathematics, on-line training program. This program is intended for engineers and technicians involved in vibration and/or shock measurements, calibration, analysis and testing. This program covers vibration and shock basics, control, instrumentation, analysis and testing. You will learn to confidently solve noise and vibration problems and to conduct meaningful measurements.
You will receive a CD-ROM containing thousands of Power Point slides and supporting material. The full spectrum of vibration and shock basics, control, instrumentation, calibration, analysis and testing is covered in 31 lessons. Following each lesson, you will find review questions and problems that demonstrate your level of mastery. You will send your completed review questions to Wayne via e-mail. He will grade your lesson and promptly return it to you, with a completely worked answer set.
Successful completion within one year of starting plus documentation of professional work in dynamics plus completion of a thesis describing some aspect of that work (Wayne will assist) leads to recognition and certification as vibration technologist.
Consider signing up now to boost your practical work skills. Sign up some of your employees for training during work downtime or at home. Avoiding even a simple measurement error or an analysis mistake or an over/underwrite could more than pay for the course.
The cost for the full program is $2395 US including a full set of notes plus shipping, or with the author's new textbook $2595 plus shipping. Shipping is $30 in US and Canada. The option with the text book Random Vibration & Shock Testing: HALT, ESS & HASS is recommended, but not required.
This is a complete correspondence program to qualify you to perform vibration and shock calculations, measurements and analyses, to understand the technical literature and to interact with colleagues in planning and designing measurements.
- Orientation - Fields of Application
- Classical Axial Dynamic Motion, Nomenclature, Math Review
- Resonance Effects; Mathematics Review
- Review of Torsional Dynamics
- Vibration and Shock Mitigation Procedures
- Review of Data Acquisition Concepts; Displacement; Velocity
- Acceleration & Force Sensors; Error Sources
- Electronic Signal Processing; Error Sources
- Calibration, Procedures for Achieving Traceability to National Standards
- Review of Continuous Systems including Beams & Plates
- Rotating Machinery Vibration to Introduce to Random Vibration
- Goals for Various Vibration Tests - Why Mechanical Shakers Obsolete
- Review of Electrohydraulic (Servohydraulic) Shaker Systems
- Multiple Electrohydraulic Shaker Systems for Multiaxis Vibration
- Review of Electrodynamic (Electromagnetic) Shaker Systems
- Multiple Electrodynamic Shaker Systems
- Review of Power Amplifier Theory, Practice, Overtest Results of Distortion
- International Sinusoidal Testing Standards
- Software Control of Sinusoidal Testing
- Review of Random Vibration
- Random Vibration Data Processing - PSD/ASD, g2/Hz
- International Random Testing Standards
- Software Control of Random Testing Systems
- Software Control of Environmental Stress Screening (ESS)
- Software Control of Accelerated Life Testing & Screening (HALT, HASS)
- Design & Fabrication of Attachment Fixtures
- Testing Procedures for Oversized and Multiple Articles
- Mechanical Shock Data Acquisition
- Review of the Shock Response Spectrum (SRS)
- International Shock Testing Standards; Implementation
- Software Control of Modal Analysis and Test
Register Now Without Obligation