Posts Tagged inertial navigation
Posted by admin in Defense, Including Radar, Missiles and EW, Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) on April 26, 2011
Civilian casualties and collateral damage could be completely eliminated in the near future thanks to a line of new mini-munitions designed by leading government defense contractors.
Raytheon Missile Systems is in process of designing a 13lb Small Tactical Munition to be carried by smaller unmanned aircraft like Shadow, TigerShark, Hunter and Viking. STM uses a combination of GPS satellite and inertial navigation with semi-active laser targeting. The device is around 24 inches long and 4 inches around. This will give the drones the option to attack smaller targets like automobiles without causing damage to surrounding areas.
Northrop Grumman has come out with the Viper Strike, a gliding, GPS-aided laser-guided variant of the Northrop Grumman Brilliant Anti-Tank (BAT) munition which originally had a combination acoustic and IR seeker. The Viper Strike is 36 inches long and only 5.5 inches in diameter.
Lockheed Martin has released the Scorpion (21.5 inches in length, and 4.25 inches in diameter),which is adaptable to multiple launch platforms, including manned or unmanned systems. Scorpion uses a semi-active laser (SAL) seeker for man-in-the-loop terminal guidance,and can be tailored to use planned, imaging infrared (I2R), shortwave infrared (SWIR), or millimeter wave (MMW) seekers.
Hunter, inertial navigation, Lockheed Martin, Mini-Munitions, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon Missile Systems, semi-active laser targeting, Shadow, Small Tactical Munition, STM, The Scorpion, The Viper Strike, TigerShark, Viking
- & SIGNAL PROCESSING
- Acoustics & Sonar
- Analysis and Signal Processing
- Continuing Education and Seminar Marketing
- Defense, Including Radar, Missiles and EW
- GPS Technology
- Navy Football
- Ocean Observing Systems OOS
- Space and Satellites
- Systems Engineering & Project Management
- Systems Engineering and Project Management
- Underwater Acoustics and Sonar
- Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
- unmanned aircraft systems (UAS)
- Get More Leads on RUSSIAN SEVERODVINSK SUB TO ENTER SERVICE SOON
- Randy Spueler on No More Blue Angels Zooming Through Annapolis Skies
- e cigaret nikotin on Vandenberg AFB Uses Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to Provide Base and Launch Security
- music music on SpaceX Considering Texas Launch Site For Falcon 9 Commercial Rockets
- Dreambox bouquet on The Antares Rocket Finally Launched Over The Weekend, And Put Something Pretty Amazing Into Space