This 5 day primary course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing network services, network devices, and network traffic. It is also the main course you will take to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ examination (exam number SY0-101). In this course, you'll build on your knowledge and professional experience with computer hardware, operating systems, and networks as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
Who Should Attend:
This course is targeted toward an Information Technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based TCP/IP networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as NetWare, Macintosh, UNIX/Linux, and OS/2, who wants to: further a career in IT by acquiring a foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
Students should have CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge, and six to nine months experience in networking, including experience configuring and managing TCP/IP. Although not required, students might find it helpful to obtain foundational information from introductory operating system administration courses.
What You Will Learn:
Identify security threats.
- Harden internal systems and services.
- Harden internetwork devices and services.
- Secure network communications.
- Manage a PKI.
- Manage certificates.
- Enforce an organizational security policy.
- Monitor the security infrastructure.
- Identifying Security Threats
Hardening Internal Systems and Services
- Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Classify Software Attacks
- Identify Hardware Attacks
Hardening Internetwork Devices and Services
- Harden Base Operating Systems
- Harden Directory Services
- Harden DHCP Servers
- Harden Network File and Print Servers
Securing Network Communications
- Harden Internetwork Connection Devices
- Harden DNS and BIND Servers
- Harden Web Servers
- Harden FTP Servers
- Harden Network News Transport Protocol (NNTP) Servers
- Harden Email Servers
- Harden Conferencing and Messaging Servers
Managing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Secure Network Traffic Using IP Security (IPSec)
- Secure Wireless Traffic
- Secure Client Internet Access
- Secure the Remote Access Channel
- Install a Certificate Authority (CA) Hierarchy
- Harden a Certificate Authority
- Back Up Certificate Authorities
- Restore a Certificate Authority
Enforcing Organizational Security Policy
- Enroll Certificates for Entities
- Secure Network Traffic Using Certificates
- Renew Certificates
- Revoke Certificates
- Back Up Certificates and Private Keys
- Restore Certificates and Private Keys
Monitoring the Security Infrastructure
- Enforce Corporate Security Policy Compliance
- Enforce Legal Compliance
- Enforce Physical Security Compliance
- Educate Users
- Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Monitor for Intruders
- Set Up a Honeypot
- Respond to Security Incidents
Tuition for this five day course is – $2500 / Govt. Price – $2250 (without exam voucher $2045/ $1845) per person at one of our scheduled public courses. Onsite pricing is available. Please call us at 410-956-8805 or send an email to ATI@ATIcourses.com.
Register Now Without Obligation