This one day course is designed for specialists as well as non-specialists in RF engineering involved in the design, analysis, testing, or utilization of communication systems. 3 This includes digital designers, managers, systems engineers, procurement engineers, etc. The course emphasizes RF fundamentals in terms of physical principles and behavioral concepts permitting the student to quickly gain an intuitive understanding of the subject with minimal mathematical complexity. These principles are illustrated using MATLAB/SIMULINK with the RF Toolbox/Blockset to analyze modern examples of wireless, radar, communications, and aerospace systems. Students are encouraged to bring their MATLAB/SIMULINK equipped laptop or notebook computers to the class. Each student will receive a CD containing more than a 100 MATLAB scripts and SIMULINK model files.
What you will learn:
- To recognize the physical properties that make RF circuits and systems unique
- To understand the important parameters that characterize RF circuits
- To interpret RF Engineering performance data
- To recognize the important considerations in combining RF circuits into systems
- To evaluate RF Engineering risks such as instabilities, noise, and interference, etc.
- To enhance basic engineering assessments using MATLAB/SIMULINK TM simulations
From this course you will obtain the knowledge and ability to understand how RF circuits function and how multiple circuits interact to determine system performance, to interact effectively with RF engineering specialists, and to understand the literature.
- Passive RF Circuit Considerations
- Physical Properties of RF circuits
- Propagation and effective Dielectric Constants
- Impedance Parameters
- Reflections and Matching
- Smith Chart data displays
- Circuit matrix parameters (Z,Y, & S parameters)
- Introduction to MATLAB/SIMULINK and Analysis of Passive RF Circuits
Active RF Circuit Considerations
- Low Noise designs
- High Power design
- MATLAB/SIMULINK Assisted Assessment of Active RF Circuits
RF System Considerations
- Distortion evaluation
- Spurious Free Dynamic Range
- Mixing and Modulation
- MATLAB/ SIMULINK analysis of wireless systems
- MATLAB/ SIMULINK analysis of communications systems
- MATLAB/ SIMULINK analysis of radar systems
Tuition for this one-day course is $700 per person at one of our scheduled public courses. Onsite pricing is available. Please call us at 410-956-8805 or send an email to email@example.com.