ATI's Engineering Systems Modeling WithExcel/VBA
"Lots of useful information, and a good combination of lecture and hands-on."
"Great detail…informative and responsive to questions. Offered lots of useful info to use beyond the class."
What You Will Learn:
- Exploit the full power of Excel for building thermal
& fluid models.
- Master the built-in VBA programming environment.
- Implement advanced data I/O, manipulation,
analysis, and display.
- Create full featured graphical interfaces and
- Optimize performance for multi-parameter systems
- Integrate interdisciplinary and multi-physics capabilities.
This course will provide the knowledge and methods to create custom engineering system models for analyzing conceptual designs,
performing system trades, and optimizing system performance with
- Excel/VBA Review. Excel capabilities. Visual Basic for Applications
(VBA). Input/output (I/O) basics. Integrating functions & subroutines.
- Identifying Scope & Capabilities. Defining model requirements.
Project scope. User inputs. Model outputs.
- Quick Prototyping. Creating key functions. Testing I/O &
calculations. Confirming overall approach.
- Defining Model Structure. Refining model architecture. Identifying
input mechanisms. Defining output data & graphics.
- Designing Graphical User Interfaces. Using ActiveX controls.
Custom user-forms. Creating system diagrams & other graphics.
- Building & Tuning the VBA Engine. Programming techniques. VBA
integrated development environment. Best practices for performance.
- Customizing Output Results. Data tables. Plots. Interactive output.
- Exploiting Built-in Excel Functions. Advanced math functions.
- Integrating External Data. Retrieving online data. Array handling.
- Adding Interdisciplinary Capabilities. Integrating other technical
analyses. Financial/cost models.
- Unleashing GoalSeek & Solver. Single variable, single target using
GoalSeek. Multivariable optimization using Solver.
- Incorporating Scenarios. Comparing multiple designs. Tradeoff
comparisons. Parameter sensitivities. Quick what-if evaluations.
- Documentation, References, & Links. Documenting inputs,
methodology, and results. Incorporating references. Adding links to
files & online data.
- Formatting & Protection. Optimizing formatting for reporting.
Protecting algorithms & proprietary data. Distribution tips.
- Flexibility, Standardization, & Configuration Control. Building
user flexibility and extensibility. Standardizing algorithms. Version &
- Other Useful Tips & Tricks. Practical hands-on techniques & tips.
- Application Topics. Tailored to participant interests.
Tuition for this two-day course is $1390 per person at one of our scheduled public courses. Onsite pricing is available. Please call us at 410-956-8805 or send an email to email@example.com.