Deep, trust based relationships are foundational to building high performing organizations as well as attracting and retaining business. During this one-day program you will learn to apply a comprehensive approach to engaging business relationships that fosters trust and that naturally allows for the creation of mutually high value business results. The course is a mix of instruction and experiential exercises that ensure you embody the concepts. During the exercises you will directly apply what you are learning to relationships you are seeking to improve and walk away with a clear approach for continuing to deepen your ability to strengthen all of your business relationships. Throughout the course you will also be working on your personal action plan to improve specific business relationships.
Building High Value Relashionship
David Craig Utts has over 30 years of business experience. He spent his first fourteen years as a highly successful sales person across a number of industries including insurance, telecommunications and office products. He received a Masters in Organizational Development from American University in 1990 and has also done post-graduate studies in leadership and development. He is also a “Master Certified Coach”, the highest ranking provided by the International Coach Federation. For the past 16 years he has served as an executive coach, facilitator and trainer in such organizations as AT&T, Discovery Channel, Ernst & Young, Lockheed Martin, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Towers Watson, World Bank as well as many US Government Agencies. David developed Building High Value Relationships based on his success in sales and the work he has done supporting senior level executives to deepen their ability to influence and empower their executive presence.
What You Will Learn:
Key challenges, beliefs and attitudes that get in the way of your ability to influence others.
The primary mechanisms of influence that must be in place to overcome these challenges.
Identify and apply a model for engaging in influential conversations.
Identify successful strategies for building high value relationships.
Tools and methods that will allow you to continue to master what you learn in the course once you leave.
- Introduction. The value of building high value relationships, understanding what supports us in building high value relationships and what most gets in the way of doing so. Eliciting participants specific concerns to ensure the course will address them.
- Foundations of Influence. Understanding the foundations for building high value, trust based relationships. What is the primary focus we must have to ensure we are developing trust and deepening value in our relationships. Introduction to the conversational model.
- Building your personal brand. Building high value relationships starts with your ability to lead from purpose and orient as a value added resource to others. The foundations of building personal brand will be examined.
- Orienting to High Value Relationships. The foundational approach you must take to ensure you will engage others in conversations that matter and forward value.
- The Conversational Cycle – Framing and Connecting. Frame conversations to ensure they remain focused on mutual value and understand how to powerfully connect with others at the outset of every interaction.
- The Conversational Cycle – Exploring and Raising Value. Engage a powerful questioning strategy that allows the conversation to flow towards a mutually high value outcome and set of commitments that forward action in a way that serves all parties.
- The Conversational Cycle – Aligning and Prioritizing Commitments Understand why most commitments fail and learn how to increase their effectiveness to ensure you are forwarding
- Wrap up. Expectations of participants will be revisited to ensure they have been met and there will be an opportunity to receive coaching to fine tune your understanding and application of what was learned.5
Tuition for this one-day course is $700 per person at one of our scheduled public courses. Onsite pricing is available. Please call us at 410-956-8805 or send an email to ATI@ATIcourses.com.
Register Now Without Obligation